Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Y

Through fogged up goggles, observe figure waving vigorously, probably not at me. Check shorts to make sure that they are still secured around waist (ok) and continue marching on toward locker room. Hey, Fritz, figure with waving arms says. Consider pretending that I haven't heard anything, but figure blocks my way. I take off my goggles. Tracheotomy scar (turned purple in the water) identifies figure as the New Man. Blush, which makes me less able to speak. Finishing up, huh? The New Man says. Hear myself laugh like I'm unhinged and then say, "Do you swim in the fast lane?" Made perfect sense before it came out, but standing on the wet pool deck, sounds like a proposition, or worse. Laugh deranged laugh again and take self away to the showers. When new man comes in, incident not referred to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home