Monday, June 13, 2005

Anna Asks: What Do Political Bloggers Dream?

Dear Friend Anna writes in with some thoughts from her Times Square high rise.

This weekend I watched the entire last season of the West Wing on tape and fantasized about having an Important Job in which I shape policy and serve my country while wearing tailored suits in fine fabrics. (CJ Cregg never gets more than 3 hours' sleep a night and still manages to curl her hair in the morning. She must be v. satisfied with her career.) There is the small problem of having never taken a poli sci course in my life and having no idea what entitlements are or how to fix them. Fantasize that I understand this and then some, and that I find short, brainy lobbyists attractive (while in reality, more likely that I find short, brainy actors who play lobbyists attractive -- fear that DC is as much a good-man vacuum as the financial sector is an interesting-man vacuum). With my luck, it'd be my job to wake the President or pass out cookies to the Press Corps. And would this leave me enough time for emailing you or reading your blog? And do political bloggers dream about working at investment banks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home