Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Pool

See New Man at pool. Says he got some last night and nudges me in ribs. Thankfully we are clothed and walking out of lobby of gym toward work. Tongue paralyized. We could talk about the weather which is lovely, sunny and fall-like (and also troublingly warm, but am not going to think about that.) But New Man telling me about his conquest, young woman who works for art foundation. She is, apparently, stacked. Head floats above body. Realize for the first time with nasty jolt that New Man is only two or three years older than me. Am not sure if being a secretary has made me feel younger (no), or if youth is tied up in ideas of power. New Man still talking. Alleges that even I would think the young woman who works for art foundation is hot. Am no longer interested in the New Man's sex life, at all, but see that am going to become his confidant when the Contessa and Vice-Boss in Europe (week after next).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home