Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Vice-Boss

The Vice-Boss exhibits a new interest in others, first manifested by noting in meeting that the Contessa looks tired. The Contessa takes exception to this (later complains, why when I've just had my hair cut does everyone think to ask me What's Wrong? Would like to say that question most likely arises because particular shade of blonde not flattering on the Contessa, but bite tongue as same opionion has been in spirit of helpfulness offered before, to disastrous results.) The Vice-Boss moves on to me. Gives disconcerting look up and down and with feel that spell has been cast on me, am suddenly convinced that fly is open, middle button on shirt has popped off, causing Roll to protrude, and that still have jam on face from breakfast. She says You are looking very healthy, have you fallen in love or something? Feel chill down spine and decide to keep Dave to myself so as to protect from evil eye. She turns to the New man , says You are doing a very good job. She goes on for quite a while, in this same vein, making it clear that regardless of the job he is doing, she resents him quite a bit. The New Man still not afraid of Eye (the Contessa is chewing nervously at a hank of her hair and I am trying (unsuccessfully) not to examine my face with my fingers). The New Man says, well, I'm glad everyone is back and happy. He mimes elbowing the Vice-Boss in the ribs--Says, looks like they fed you there. Vice-Boss very angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home