Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Return

The Vice-Boss comes back to the office today. She looks extremely fit, tanned and her cheecks seem to have filled in, which makes her look much less terrifying. Also, she has bitten down her nails, eliminating her most frightening feature. She has presents for me and the Contessa, for me a coffee mug that says the word Arizona surrounded by a drawing of sand, a cactus and a sombrero. The Contessa receives pen which has the same motif as my mug except that there is a man who gets naked when you turn the pen upside down. We stare at our gifts, stunned, I can feel that the Contessa thinks the same thing that I do--that the Vice Boss may look better, but she still has her Habit, despite the residential Therapy. We have a meeting (no donuts) in which everyone behaves, but I can see the New Man itching to use his machine on the Vice Boss. Do not wish the New Man to use the fart machine anymore, but do want to see expression on Vice-Boss's face when inevitable moment occurs. Spend most of meeting fantasizing about this moment. Fantasy comes to rousing end in which the New Man and Vice-Boss yell at each other and threaten violence. I call Security and save the day, receiving the Service Excellence Award at the Convocation ceremony tomorrow. Award carries a cash prize of $1000. Am rudely wrenched from my fantasy by the Vice-Boss's question, Will I do her copies. Mumble in the affirmative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home