Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fall

Subway car smells exactly like a public toilet this morning. Can't decide whether it is better to breath through nose or mouth, so compromise by taking very shallow breaths through both. This perhaps responsible for feelings of lightheadedness as subway comes to screaming stop at W 4th St. and have barely recovered and am thus when arrive at office, am unprepared for Oliver's energetic gesturings and exhortations about something that seems to be an emergency feel sure to core is not. Eventually figure out that he is talking about the copy machine--it is broken (and why not?) and feel that am being revisited by old ghosts. Oliver says he need my help in talking to accounting to get us a new one. He asks me rhetorically if I haven't seen the copy repair man come every day for the past month??? Realize with a pleased shock that have not been aware of repairman and if called to identify him in a lineup, would have to recuse self. (Unfruitful train of thought follows about what crime the copy repair man has committed .) Tell Oliver that I will Do What I Can with the accounting office, but have pessimistic faith in my powers. Can see that Oliver senses the same, and forsee trouble.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Moore said...

What a treat to sit in my office, my cheeks puffed with muffled guffaws (lots of fff) as I catch up on whatchoo been up to lately. Zoo animals indeed!

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home