Wednesday, July 13, 2005

ebay

Discover ebay. Spend several hours shopping for furniture. Have actual need as dresser (painted yellow and found on the Street two years ago and not best quality to begin with) has suddenly given out. Drawers now impossible to close. Socks, underwear and t-shirts climbing out of tops, bottoms, and sides of drawers. (When unable to sleep last night, open eyes and attemp breathing exercises. Focus gaze on Dresser portion of wall. Breath in and out, in and out. Begin to feel calm until Positive that see something Move. The thing stops moving but am afraid that it is just Standing Still. Forced to turn on light and examine. Not a Rat, just balled up socks. Retry breathing exercises, this time with eyes screwed shut.) Find dresser on ebay, low, with six drawers, made in the 1950s. Seems like a very resonable price. Hardly any damage. Auction ending today. Become aware that the stars are aligning for a Perfect purchase. Submit bid. Feel a rush of excitement. Ask the Contessa, Have you ever shopped on ebay? I love ebay but I'm not allowed to look at it. Why not? Because I developed a Habit. What did you buy? I don't know, clothes, antique playing cards, thimbles. For a while, I got obsessed with children's instruments. Stop her. What? You know, like little drums and flutes. Not positive what she means, but nod, yes. What did you do with the stuff? I rented a storage space, the Contessa says grimly. I ought to sell the stuff back but selling isn't nearly as fun as buying. In fact, selling is horrible. Contessa seems a little agitated. Check on auction. Am still the high bidder. The Contessa says, What am I going to do with an antique birdcage? I don't even have a bird. I hate birds. Don't want to have a habit either, but need a dresser. Will prevent self from making frivolous purchases. Check on auction. No change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home