Friday, June 08, 2007

Calm

Next week begins summer schedule of Fridays off, but Cindy Stevens away today and again in charge. Yesterday had stern talk with Oliver, telling him that no matter what his girlfriend said, he was not to bring Bridget to work again. He asked, But what if I don't have time to go back to Brooklyn before I go to the train. Remind him what happened last week. Oliver rolls his eyes. Susan and I got over that. She doesn't care if I bring Bridget. Find this highly unlikely, but later hear Susan telling Oliver a joke: Did you hear about the fire at the circus? What circus? Oliver asks. Was it an Animal Circus? My girlfriend says they abuse the animals. Susan says, I'm telling a joke. Oliver laughs, I knew that. Start over. Did you hear about the fire at the circus? Oliver replies, um, no. Hear Susan exhale sharply--you're supposed to ask, no, what fire? No, what fire? Oliver asks. It was in tents, Susan replies triumphantly. Hear both laughing. Can't say am similarly moved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home