Thursday, April 12, 2007

Good Attitude

Work becomes intolerable and decide to leave before ending up sending snippy email or worse. Tell Oliver that I am Taking a Walk Around the Block. He asks if I'm walking past the coffee place. No, I tell him, I'm not. He looks slightly stunned and am glad. But by time leave building, start to feel slight twinge of guilt and then don't pay attention while crossing street and end up stepping in large puddle of frigid dirty water. Suffer low point of day but as with all low points, this one signals that all else is on the upswing. Squashy walk takes me to Barney's, where purchase new socks, tell clerk the sad story of the puddle. He is very sympathetic and shows me the shoes. Try on three and end up buying boots that tell self will pay of out of tax refund. (Tax refund has, by now, taken on quality of the fishes and loaves.) Newly shod, walk back to office, do pass a coffee place, and buy Oliver the horrendous concoction he likes to drink. The woman making the drink give me a funny look as am ordering drink, but instead of taking it personally as normally would, put dollar bill in tip jar, which earns me a smile. Decide to have a good attitude all the time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

I think I spent my Tax Refund 3x's over as well!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home