Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Editor

Hear back from Editor today via email. Says that she'd like to meet for a coffee. Write back right away and suggest to tomorrow, which she agrees to--also via email--and then panic and wonder how will recognize her, so write back: What will you be wearing, I will be wearing a fedora. This joke neither funny nor helpful since do not (nor wish to) own a fedora. Do not hear back for 3 very very difficult hours during which am unable to reach anybody rational who could talk to. Unfortunately do mention exchange to Oliver who says, Dude, I think you blew it. Editor writes back to say why don't we meet at my office and then we'll go downstairs. Feel that this is very sensible suggestion. We are not, after all, spies. Finally get Dave on the phone. Say: Do you think she thinks I'm weird? Why do you think she wants to meet with me? Can't imagine why she'd want to take so much time with me. Dave replies, Maybe she likes your book, did you think about that? Reply to him that had not thought about that possibility and now that do, have distinct salty taste in mouth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Another Shade of Grey said...

Ooohhhh. This is exciting. Can I go too? I'll be wearing the fedora....tehe.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home