Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Snow Day

Cindy Stevens usually wears black clothes, nicely made suits and well cut coats, and the she never wears anything that might be considered colorful, so am a bit surprised when after lunch she comes into my office to show me new purchase. Suppose that this is a new milestone in our relationship, and ought to feel touched, but can only gape when she shows me floor length padded coat made out of (fake) hot pink leopard skin. I found this Dolce & Gabanna jacket at Lohman's! she says, What do you think? Can well understand excitement of the hunt and the find, but can also--from vantage point of momentarily relative sanity, and from hard-earned experience--see that severe regret will soon set in. Want to say that hope she still has the receipt, but instead, hear self say, I LOVE it!!! Cindy Stevens replies, Oh, good, I was hoping it wasn't too much. Oh no, I assure her, color is just what we need during these last few months of winter. Thankfully, stop self before say that like animal prints--don't, and never have, and wouldn't respect self if professed admiration for Zebra. Do, however, unfortunately, hand Cindy Stevens the scissors when she asks for them. Watch as she cuts off tags and throws them in my trash can. We all make our own mistakes and learn our own lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home