Friday, April 14, 2006

Will

The Contessa very late this morning. (This not a problem, the phone does not ring at all. Amuse self by imagining that I have terrible medical conditions and then Researching online. e.g. fungal infection of the Eye, Malaria, and Inguinal Hernia. Am very very relieved when the Contessa comes in. She is dazed. Has brought me a cappuccino. Says, I just came from the Boss's lawyer's office. Why? She says, He left me a third of his estate. (Have brief and uncharitable feeling of jealousy--remind self sternly that the contessa spent a fairr amount of her time visiting with him while he was sick where as I pretended he was fine.) Ask, How much did he leave you? She sits down in her chair. I'm not sure exactly, but the lawyer said that once everything is sold it might be somewhere around a half a million dollars. Jump up out of chair. Wave hand in front of face. Tell her that the first thing she is going to do is buy me a glass of champagne. We leave work and go to the little french restaurant around the corner. The Contessa says that she will buy me a Champagne but that it Gives Her a Headache. Agree. As we have to go back to the office we both just have seltzers with lime and the Contessa doesn't have a dime on her, so I pay, but outing still extremely festive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lehet said...

WOW!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home