Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Movie, Day 1

Arrive at set at five in the morning. No real coffee is to be had at the craft table, only percolator coffee available. Pour self coffee, which is extremely nasty, even with four sugars. (or because of four sugars?) Forgot to bring book, so look around to see if can make Friend for the day. Before have selected somebody to talk to, young man asks me, What is your name? Tell him, Fritz, what is yours? My name is Dan, but my friends call me Zach. Wonder why, but barely, and am afraid he is going to tell me. Instead, recites his resume at length, studied acting in college, has been in Law and Order (of course), and in several movies in which he played a high school student (even though he can't be a day under twenty eight), and once was in a crowd scene in the Sopranos where he was supposed to play a DJ, but didn't. This is the boiled down version, the other, much, much longer. Young man says, well, I'm going to go get myself a banana do you want one? Mouth long out of practice, so Shake head no. Notice tall blonde woman sitting and meditating in corner, quietly. Would like to talk to her (perhaps she read Jonathan Franzen's article about global warming and how it and his inability to connect with women is his mother's fault, more or less? Although have noticed in the past that while Like people who do yoga, am not always able to have sustained conversations with same.) But the meditating woman has her eyes closed, so am not going to interrupt. Find self walking across room (the side of the cafe not taken up with lighting equipment)and sit down next to woman. She opens her eyes. Asks, Is it time yet? Time for what? She closes her eyes again. Time for my scene. What are you playing? I ask. I, she opens her eyes, am the Leg model. Am unfamiliar with this term and say so. She explains, The producers think that the lead, very famous, actress has Fat Ankles so I am going to play her legs in the sex scene. What sex scene? The one in the bathroom of the cafe. (my line, Is anybody in there? suddenly becomes much more interesting. Have long train of thought about Context. Come to very unoriginal conclusion that Context is everything.)Ask if she knows who the very famous actress is. Well, I'm not supposed to say, she looks around the room, but you'll find out anyway. Her first name rhymes with Kenneth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home