Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Copy Machine

Copy machine makes a terrible noise and jams every possible place. Curse and kick the machine, which, as expected, does nothing for function (of copier) or mood (me). Romeo comes to fix the copy machine. He quizzes the Contessa about the last time he came. How come that your dress had a cape on it. The Contessa blushes furiously, explains, It is a bridesmaid's dress. Romeo sets down his satchel of copy machine tools. How come you were wearing it at the office. The Contessa shoots me a murderous look. Fritz wanted to see what it looked like. Romeo asks, Why? Yes, Why Fritz? Asks the Contessa. Want to say, because I knew it would make me laugh. Instead, say, I wanted to make sure it Fit you. Somehow, Romeo buys this explanation and trots back to the copy room. The contessa sighs. It is so hot. Say, It isn't hot in here. No, but if I go outside it will be hot. Already have very bad freak out about global warming early this morning, which do not wish to repeat, so do not indulge the Contessa's complaints. Romeo comes out from copy machine. He holds up a bottle cap. How did this get into the copy machine? Seems a bit put out. Feel instantly guilty even though know for a fact that bottle cap not my fault. Hear self say Oh no! in tones much stronger than actually feel about the topic. Romeo lights up at my enthusiasm. Am compelled to follow him to the copy room so he can show me exactly where in the machine he found the bottle cap. We agree at length that it is very unnatural to find a bottle cap in a copy machine. Says, Some people don't know how to take care of things. Feel he knows about the Kicking. To make self feel less guilty, stay in copy room and agree some more about bottle cap. Feel am never going to leave copy room. The contessa comes to get me, says that I have a phone call. Say Hello? to dead line. Contessa whispers, I just wanted to save you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home